Sunday, October 7, 2012

I realize That BANNED BOOK WEEK is Over, but the Dialogue never ends . . .


Censorship is not just a phenomenon which occurs by one group against "others." It is also one which occurs within groups, vastly controlling and curtailing their own expression and understanding.

Since a lot of you have asked, (and in the spirit of Banned Books Week,) I thought I’d let you know that I recently received word that Lifeway has decided not to carry A Year of Biblical Womanhood in stores, presumably in the wake of the “vagina” controversy over the summer. ...

... I think the notion that Christians should dance carefully around reality, that we should speak in euphemisms and only tell comfortable, sanitized stories, is a destructive one that has profoundly affected the evangelical culture as a whole. ...

- Rachel Held Evans. 
Please take a moment and READ the STORY . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment